Do you archive your chatlogs?

Posted by mobile phone:
When I archived all my digital stuff in these holidays and found a proper converter for Adium chatlogs missing, I wondered if other people don’t archive their chats? For me, electronic chat has almost replaced the telephone, at least in business. So here’s my question for you: Do you keep your chatlogs and which chat application do you use?

P.S. This blog is now also mobile phone ready. In fact, this article was posted with my Sony-Ericsson K750i during a walk with our dog 🙂

5 Responses to “Do you archive your chatlogs?”

1. Brian Puccio says:

Yup, I make a habit of not deleting electronic correspondence since drives are large and text has never really taken up much space. Yes, I use adium, after switching from gaim/pigdin on linux.

2. joel says:

I’m using Adium and archive my chatlogs with Chat Transcript Manager from Unsanity.

3. Pascal Juergens says:

Sure, archiving IM conversations is on by default in both skype and adium. command-shift-l in the latter (opens up the log viewer) has saved me many a day.
    Of course, there may be conversations that should not exist forever. I hope adium will soon support not recording those. They already sport the great ORT encryption, which theoretically offers deniability – perfect for those situations. See http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/otr-wpes.pdf

4. Felix says:

Yes, of course. I am using iChat and Spotlight to search the files. It is easy to use. And with iChat in Leopard, the archive has a clear structure.

F.

5. Andrew says:

I log all of my Adium chats (almost 100% work-related) and do dearly wish I could search my chatlogs in DevonThink, where I already have all kinds of work-related documentation and email support correspondence.

:A)>