DEVONthink 2.0 development status

A few people, especially on the user forum, are already waiting for DEVONthink 2.0, the next major release of our DEVONthink product line. One of the main new features being the ability to open multiple databases at the same time, we want to add a few more things before we’re actually releasing it to the public. We have, however, already shared a few bits of information about what will be in DEVONthink 2.0 on the forum.

To give you a better overview I have accumulated this information now in the DEVONthink development status article in a new Announcements board. I will regularly update this article to reflect the progress we’re making in development.

6 Responses to “DEVONthink 2.0 development status”

1. Philip says:

Will 2.0 be a free upgrade?

There will be a window right before the actual release when the upgrade will be free, but in general the upgrade will be a paid upgrade for a reasonable fee. Please note that we have never charged for a DEVONthink update in the past five years.

3. larrinski says:

Darn…I just bought Devonthink Pro Office on the 21st! Oh well. It is a great app and gives me such piece of mind for organizing all my website data and emails. I have been meaning to ask about quicklook integration, and see it will be part of 2.0.
    Hopefully I will qualify for the free upgrade…

4. Benjamin says:

The new functions seem great. I’m waiting a new version for months now.
    Try to finish before the end of my thesis 😉

5. Michael says:

I’m very much looking forward to it. I like DT a lot. The new features sound very worthwhile.

6. Bob says:

Gosh Folks, the guys at Devon Technologies have to eat too!

They are a reasonable company, with a superior product and they should be allowed to make a decent living off their efforts. Charging a reasonable upgrade fee to go from DT 1 -> 2 does not seem unreasonable to me.

(Disclaimer: I am biased – I was a beta tester for them for DT 1.0 HOWEVER, I paid for my own copy of DT Pro Office 🙂