DEVONthink Pro Office is scanning again

As many of you have noticed, scanning support was broken on Mac OS X 10.5 ‘Leopard’. We had a many talks with Apple regarding this issue but it seems that this bug is not considered critical in the eyes of Apple’s system software department. So, we stepped back from using Image Capture and moved on to ExactScan from the Berlin-based scanner driver maker ExactCode. This not only brings back flatbed scanning to DEVONthink Pro Office but also adds support for automatic document feeders (ADF) scanners and multi-function devices. Read more about this exciting release in our news.

8 Responses to “DEVONthink Pro Office is scanning again”

1. Felix says:

Hello,

i own a canoscan lide 20 and it would be nice to use this scanner with dtp office. Do you plan an integration of vuescan or something else? Unfortunately, the TWAIN support isnt usual to the low-end scanners.

thanks a lot,

f.

@Felix: No, but you can send scans from VueScan to DEVONthink. If OCR does not start, send us a message and we’ll add VueScan’s signature to a future release.

3. Felix says:

Nein, das geht nicht. Zumindest lässt VueScan DevonThink nicht als Editor oder Viewer zu. Aber das muss man wohl mit der anderen Seite klären.

DT ist ein tolles Programm – auch ohne direkten Scanner-Support 🙂

Gruß,

Felix

4. eric says:

Scanning does not work at all with my Epson CX6600. This new thingy doesn’t find the scanner at all, and I don’t see anyway to make it look for it. The older version of DevonThink Office found the scanner and would try to scan at least….

@eric: I’ve forwarded your report to the ExactScan team.

6. eric says:

I received and sent back a Twain test of my scanner. The update to DevonProOffice the other day didn’t fix the scanner problem either.

7. Michael Daly says:

Scanning doesn’t work my new H -P Officejet J6480. I use the HP software to drop my scan on the desktop, then drop it into DTP. That works, but seems tedious.

Michael, please send an email to support@devon-technologies.com with a detailed description, your system configuration, etc. that we can forward to the ExactScan development team.