Image Capture support is back

DEVONthink Capture Menu

Today we have released DEVONthink Pro Office 1.5.3 as well as updates for DEVONthink Pro, DEVONthink Personal, and DEVONnote. We’re re-introducing Image Capture based scanning including grayscale and document feeder support so you now have the choice: Image Capture or TWAIN? Read more in our news.

6 Responses to “Image Capture support is back”

1. ericdano says:

Still doesn’t work with my Epson CX6600 scanner under 10.5.4. Image Capture finds the scanner just fine……ExtractScan doesn’t find the scanner at all. Totally useless.

I guess I’m going to have to find another solution to lack of scanning support in DevonThink Pro Office….(kind of the reason I bought it, to scan things into it…)

@ericdano: Have you tried the new Image Capture scan module in DEVONthink Pro Office 1.5.3? ExactScan does not find the scanner, but the other module should do. IM me for more interactive assistance.

3. ericdano says:

Yup. The Image Capture module runs, but doesn’t do a preview nor does it successfully capture an image. It basically hangs Devon-Think

@ericdano: Could you send the Console log to our support, maybe with some more background information. I have also informed ExactCode, they’ll have a look at the Peson CX6600.

5. ericdano says:

I think you guys need to reword and correct the above news item. Your tech person emailed and my scanner is NOT supported, nor does it appear to it is going to be anytime soon. So the “improving compatibility especially to Epson scanners” in the news item is not correct at all.

@ericdano: It is correct, Eric. We have improved compatibility to Epson scanners heavily but the Epson scanner drivers are all different (and non-standard to TWAIN, BTW) there will always be some that our software is not compatible with. With all the diversity in drivers no scan application will ever support all scanners out there in the wild.