Tuesday Tip: Archive feeds from NetNewsWire

If you’re reading your news not in Mac OS X 10.5’s Mail.app but in NetNewsWire, you may also already use the scripts that we provide with DEVONthink Pro to import selected or flagged news. Power user Dan Byler has extended these scripts so that they save selected feeds or folders of feeds as web archives with a number of options. Read more about the script on Dan’s homepage and download it there. Thank you, Dan!

7 Responses to “Tuesday Tip: Archive feeds from NetNewsWire”

1. wim mathijssen says:

I think it woud be a perfect help. But when I installed it and tried to work with it, I got the message:”where is GrowlHelperApp.app. It does not exist on my Mac. Helas, I thougt to have found a very good bridge between NetNewsWire and DevonThinkPro,which I use with much pleasure.

Open the script in Script Editor, look for the lines dealing with Growl and take them out. That should do the trick.

3. Sergio MORA says:

Good tip, thanks!

4. Clint says:

Any chance we can modify this script to work with Google Reader???

5. Dan Byler says:

Thanks for the link, Eric – much appreciated.

For those without Growl, I’ve updated the download to include a copy of the script with the Growl lines commented out.

6. Carsten Schmidt says:

I can only second the comment about Google Reader. It would be great to have similar functionality for Google Reader.

thanks

@Carsten: Google Reader is a web application, so it’s not scriptable πŸ˜‰ But you could, of course, write a script that interacts with the contents of the Google Reader website.