By using so-called folder actions you can add almost any functionality to folders including scripts that interact with DEVONthink Pro (Office). So, creating a ‘drop box’ folder that automagically imports all files that you drop into it, is easy:
- Create a folder on your Desktop and name it, e.g., ‘DEVONthink Inbox’
- Locate the DEVONthink Pro (Office) disk image and mount it
- Open the folder Extras/Scripts/Folder Actions
- Copy both scripts to your hard disk, ~/Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts/
- Select the folder in the Finder and choose ‘More > Enable Folder Actions’ from the contextual menu (if necessary)
- Attach the ‘Import Action.scpt’ script by choosing ‘More > Attach Folder Action’ and locating the script that you have copied to your hard disk
Drop or copy any file to the ‘DEVONthink Inbox’ hot folder that you have just created on your Desktop to immediately import it to the currently open DEVONthink Pro database.
You can check the Folder Actions that you have assigned by choosing ‘More > Configure Folder Actions’ from the contextual menu when you right- or Control-click a folder. If you are not fully satisfied with the way the scripts work, choose ‘More > Edit Folder Action >’ from the contextual menu and modify the script to your needs.