More on DEVONthink 2.0

It’s been a while since my last update on the development status of DEVONthink 2.0. We have continued to work on it silently but full steam ahead. We’re now very close to reaching the internal beta phase so I have posted a quick update to the development status thread in our Announcement board.

13 Responses to “More on DEVONthink 2.0”

1. Vincent says:

By the way, how does one become a beta tester ? 🙂

2. Petra says:

Is it still intended to publish 2.0 in 2008? The release is anxiously awaited.

3. Matt says:

I’d be happy to help out by beta testing!

@Vincent, @Matt: If you want to be a beta tester, email us and tell us why you would be good as a beta tester 🙂

@Petra: Yes, 2008 is the target.

5. darwin says:

I´ve read in your announcment that 2.0 will have Skim support. Very cool. That´s waht I need.

6. darwin says:

I´ve read in your announcment that 2.0 will have Skim support also. Very cool. That´s what I need.

7. eduardo says:

Very, very nice.
    One question: will there be an easy way to convert the comment field of the files my 1.x databases into tags in 2.x? In other others: I want use tags extensively in DT 2.0. Is there a way to start tagging my data in 1.x without wasting my time?
    Thanks a lot.

@eduardo: We will not convert the comment field. If you want to be prepared also for tagging, build a good group structure.

9. Petra says:

“Build a good group structure” – I assume there will be auto- or on-demand tagging based on existing structure? May we also assume that we will be able to roll our own scripts to build tags from comments?

@Petra: Yes, and yes.

11. Justin says:

Eric,

Appreciate the update!

Quick question: I am in the process of developing some custom scripts for a client and was wondering if there were going to be substantial changes to the Applescript implementation in version 2.

Best of luck to you and the team as you prepare 2.0 for an eager Beta Testing public! 😉

12. cgrunenberg says:

Justin,

the AppleScript suite will be almost the same (of course improved & extended but not heavily revised) and therefore most scripts should still work or need only minor changes.

13. PH says:

I can’t wait to get this new version