DEVONthink vs. Evernote

Matthew Bookspan of TheAppleBlog has just published a comparison between DEVONthink Pro Office and Evernote Premium. Matthew did a great job working out the differences between the offerings and comes to this conclusion:

I decided to part ways with Evernote and move forward with DEVONthink Pro Office, because I wanted more control of my data and the artificial intelligence features were very attractive to me.

Thank you, Matthew! Read the full article here.

7 Responses to “DEVONthink vs. Evernote”

1. Tricia says:

Great to hear that an iPhone App is somewhere in the pipeline.

That and the ability to sync across platforms are what keep me using both DTPO and Evernote Premium.

However, I don’t see the feature set overlapping all that much. Once info is inside DTPO, there’s so much more I can do with it that it’s definitely my main info processing app.

2. Khalid says:

I am not sure why this quote is highlighted…the review does not favor any app but makes it a personal preference in the end- rather than a choice on a feature set. IMHO the two are should not be compared . DT is a ‘thick’ app for data managment, while EN is a ‘thin’ app that is has more travelibility !

3. Matthew Bookspan says:

Well, the fact is they both are data management tools. And, Evernote is just as thick as DT. The difference is richness in feature set.

4. hamad says:

how hard would it be to get the everywhere sync feature of Evernote coupled with the organizational abilities of Devonthink?

5. Khalid says:

There is yet an app to take on Miclog on windows (only 10MB) that runs of a a USB memory with no installation. Seamless mutliple files, built in mail, browser, data base, tables with 100 math formulas with graphs, templates,smart folders, unlimited saving of projects as they were left open, advanced search , multiple users on network sync,..DT should downloaded and get some ideas. I used it for 10 years, the only program I miss from windows world, sigh 🙁

6. inkwell3 says:

Some ideas Devonthink has, and they are good. Some more ideas though wouldn’t hurt, that’s for sure.

7. Khalid says:

The sorter is nice for some, but I HATE drag and drop, I much prefer the contextual menu copy to..PLEASE..DT make this available in the 2.0 release ! Also , make all the databases viewable/collapsable as an outline-its very elegant and practicle to so you can scroll down through all database/folder and subfolders. seamlessly. Opening a new window for each data base should be left as another choice.