Public beta 4 now available

Just a quick note that we have just released DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.0 public beta 4 with new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Please read more about the update here.

10 Responses to “Public beta 4 now available”

1. matt davis says:

Looks good. Where is this “Clip to DevonThink” bookmarklet, and how does it install?

2. bikoz says:

@Matt:

It’s in the ‘Bookmarklets’ folder of the Disk Image.

If the application upgrades semi-automatically at startup you still have to download the DMG file from the Download section of the website.

When the Disk Image (DMG file) opens, you will see a ‘Bookmarlets’ folder.

enter this folder ans simply drag-and-drop the bookmarklets to Safari’s bookmark toolbar.

That’s it.

You can even rename the shortcuts, etc.

@Eric:

The ‘PDF’ and ‘Paginated PDF’ bookmarklets are awesome additions.

Go on!

3. SimonAB says:

Matt, the bookmarklets are in the help (search help>bookmarklet).

4. Ziv kitaro says:

Hi.
    When will it be possible to use right click on files and folders again? this is really getting to me.

Thanks.

5. jack says:

It’s here:

Just drag it to your bookmark bar.

It took me a while to find it also. I can’t find anywhere that points to it, even when describing it. I’m guessing it’s included in the download, but if you’re just updating you’re left in the dark.

@jack: Well, it’s all in the online help, including the bookmarklets itself 🙂

@Ziv: Yes, this is planned.

7. Khalid says:

TAGS ! I was hoping to see tagging come out in this version and sparing me money to invest in another application since I don’t want to wait another couple of months or more to tag my files..this is starting to pull me away from application that will be in an upgrade beta for a second quarter ! How about telling us how the tagging standard will be ? Open Meta ? Spotlight Comments ? Propriety ? Tag Folders ? Nestable folders ? I just made a purchase of a competitor software to see how all this develops, although I have a DTPO 2.0 licence !

@Khalid: We will implement a tag view that uses groups as hierarchical tags and makes heavy use of replicants. To the outside, tags will be made visible via Open Meta and Open Meta tags will be read from imported/indexed files.

9. Khald says:

I checked out the forum on this. Am I right that”heavy use of replicants” will mean that if I tag my 2MB file in four categories I will have them in four folders as replicants with a total size of 8MB ?

@Khald: Yes, it means that your 2 MB file will be in four groups as replicants with a total of 2 MB. That is the clou with replicants: You can have as many as you want without actually duplicating the file itself.