Do you own an iPhone?

It’s not a secret that we are also developing … something … for the iPhone (and the iPod touch). We are now getting near the point that laboratory testing is no longer enough. We need feedback from real users — like yourself! So, if you are a DEVONthink Pro Office user, own an iPhone, and would like to do some beta testing for us, please email me. Seat numbers are very limited due to the ‘provisioning’ procedure that is required for iPhone applications.

Update: We have already reached the maximum number of testers that the provisioning procedure for the iPhone/iPod touch can handle. Thank you very much for helping us!

18 Responses to “Do you own an iPhone?”

1. Jeff Jackson says:

Not a ‘Pro Office’ user, simply a ‘Pro’ user, but none the less interested in all things DevonThink and iPhone.

@Jeff: Thank you for your interest in the beta test but the test group is already full.

3. sjk says:

I feel penalized by the timezone difference. 🙁

4. Tim Lahey says:

As a DT Pro Office user, I’m quite glad that you’re doing this. I keep a lot of information in DTPO and I’d really like a way to carry some of it with me on the go. The web interface is nice, but I can’t always access it.

5. Carla says:

Is the finished product going to be for pro office only? and will there be at least some features available offline (for itouch users on the go)?

We have not decided if this will be for Pro Office only. Please stay tuned, we’ll annouce more information as soon as we feel we can.

7. OP says:

Wow good to hear that you’re developing an iphone app. I’m not sure this’ll be enough to keep our company from going with Evernote Premium as we NEED an iPhone app now. I just wish there’s more information on release date and availability.

8. Lou says:

when will we have more information? release date? only pro office?

We’re working on it and we’ll releaese it when it’s ready. Sorry, no more info yet — we don’t want to break a deadline 🙂

10. John says:

I just got an iPod and of course one of the first things I thought about was a DT app. Glad I stumbled onto this. Looking forward to more info.

11. Mike says:

Hi,
    it’s very promising that you’re working on iPhone app. I’m waiting it still I install DT pro for the first time. So th question.. When can we expect iPhone app?

@ Mike: Unfortunately we had … difficulties with the developer but these are solved and development on the iPhone front is finally under full steam now. Please stay tuned.

13. B.M. says:

My hope:
    Image capture into DTPO. With OCR too. You could take a picture of your superbill right there in the office. That’s a killer app gets a spot on the dock.

14. Jon says:

Any further deveolpments on the iPhone app? BTW, if you’ve had anybody drop out of the beta program, I would be glad to fill the empty spot. 😉

Thanks.

After some disputes with the external developer we have taken over the iPhone project and I am now developing it myself. I have just seeded alpha 4 to the close group of alpha testers today.

16. Malcolm Cooke says:

Any news of the release time for the iPhone app

@Malcolm: Please feel free to follow me on Twitter.

18. MacOldie says:

The key for any iPhone/OS X duo these days is sync via MobileMe or Dropbox. OmniFocus does this well. At the moment I can’t being able to sync some of DevonThinkPRO’s larger databases. Or maybe the iPhone is to be used as a data entry, sort of input, function. I await developments with interest.