Tuesday Tip: From Evernote to DEVONthink

The ways to get data out of an information manager is nearly as important as the ways to get data in. DEVONthink tries to be as transparent as possible here, whatever you put into a database you can export at any time (e.g. as ‘files and folders’) to the file system and then use from the Finder or any other application.

It’s not that easy with EverNote, however. DEVONthink Pro offers a simple script to copy text notes from EverNote to DEVONthink but, well, only text. No need to despair: Power scripter Veritrope comes to the rescue and provides a number of excellent scripts that transfer documents from EverNote as HTML to DEVONthink. Download them here.

6 Responses to “Tuesday Tip: From Evernote to DEVONthink”

1. Dirk says:

I wish DevonThink could run on top of the synching engine of Evernote.

I wish that there was an easy and reliable syncing engine build into DevonThink. I know there is a solution. somewhat hack, but I never could get that to run without issues.

2. Justin says:

Thanks for the kind words — I’ve been working hard to improve those scripts and I’m happy that they’ve been so well received! As always, bug reports or suggestions for improvement are appreciated and can be left in the Comments section on the script’s homepage.

DT Power Users — Are there any scripts that *you wish* were available but that you’re not seeing out there? Leave me a note on my website and I’ll look at adding them to the list!

@ Dirk: DEVONthink will not sync with the Evernote server but there will be another sync solution. It’s already in the works.

4. MarkW says:

This script seems to have stopped working with the latest release of DTP (2.5.1). At least, it worked for me last week and now nothing happens when I try to run it.

@ MarkW: We haven’t changed anything that would break this script. But the script is not from us. Please contact the developer who will surely soon have an updated script if necessary.

6. Paul Bedard says:

I print Evernote as PDF files and import in DevonThink.
    Easier than fiddling with AppleScript.