Clip to DEVONthink Safari 5 Extension

You might be already using the Clip to DEVONthink bookmarklet for quickly adding notes or clipping interesting web pages to your DEVONthink database right from within Safari or Firefox.

Now, with Safari 5, it is finally possible to write proper extensions that do no longer require the clunky ‘bookmarklet’ workaround. And so we have rewritten the bookmarklet as an extension for Safari 5 and fixed a few bugs along the lines, too. Click here to directly download the brand new, shiny Safari 5 extension. For all other browsers Clip to DEVONthink stays available as a bookmarklet, too, and will be updated together with the extension in the future.

And what about Firefox, some of you might ask? A plugin for it is already in the works, too!

17 Responses to “Clip to DEVONthink Safari 5 Extension”

1. Tony Steward says:

A Google Chrome Extension would be cool as well.

2. Marcus says:

Uh, its nice and fast

3. Gerben Zaagsma says:

This is wonderful, thanks so much. One suggestion: a keyboard shortcut to activate it?

4. Jay says:

Can’t find the extension. Click here link is not working and page seems to be empty. Am I missing something ?

5. Rob Rix says:

Jay: The “EXTENSION” link on the extras page http://www.devon-technologies.com/download/extras.html seems to be working for me.

6. Jochen says:

Very nice!

And for tomorrow please the announcement of the iPad app 😉

Jochen

7. dj moonbat says:

It’s nice, but in practice it’s not really that different from the bookmarklet. But it looks more integrated with Safari, I would say. So that’s nice.

8. dj moonbat says:

Oh, and it’s pretty snappy. The firt launch took a while, but after that one, it’s been quick.

9. MJ Valente says:

I can download the extension, but I cannot install it. Instead, for some reason, clicking it makes a copy of the extension file.
    No problems installing other extensions from Apple’s website.

@MJ Valente: Which version of Safari 5 do you use, have you installed the 5.0.1 update? Is ~/Library/Safari/Extensions writeable, means: has the correct permissions?

11. Dan says:

++ keyboard shortcut please!

12. MJ Valente says:

@Eric — Yes, I do have 5.0.1 installed. The weird thing is that all the other extensions seem to work. Only yours duplicate. 🙁

13. MJ Valente says:

@Eric — Actually another extension started giving me the same problem. I made some research and found out that the re-download (not duplication) was caused by the Speed Download plugin. All good after I disabled it.

14. sjk says:

FYI, this bug was reported on the forum:

Printing problems with the new Safari extension installed

15. DoctorJ says:

I just came here to report the printing bug. I had to uninstall the extension. Too bad; it worked well otherwise. Please let us know when it’s fixed.

16. […] Thoughts and Other Meaninglessnesses from the President « Clip to DEVONthink Safari 5 Extension […]

We have just released a new version. See here.