Clip to DEVONthink Updated — Firefox Inclusive

We have just updated the Clip to DEVONthink Safari extension and bookmarklet to version 1.1. The new version fixes a number of bugs, e.g. adding parts of the bookmarklet code when printing a web page as well as a bug preventing log-ins to password-protected web sites. If Safari does not offer you the update, please visit the Download Extras page and download the latest version. The bookmarklet is always loaded ‘live’ and so up-to-date when you use it the next time.

In addition we have added a Firefox extension. Please download it, too, from the Download Extras page. To add a keyboard shortcut to the Firefox extension, use System Preferences > Keyboard > Application Shortcuts.

11 Responses to “Clip to DEVONthink Updated — Firefox Inclusive”

1. Felix says:

Safari “Reader” functionality built in?

@Felix: Safari Reader actually does not work with the extension as it places a layer over the web page and the extension is part of the page.

3. Felix says:

I see… Would have been great though. I find my self just printing to PDF into Devon, to be able to remove all junk from the page.
    Thanks…

4. Mark Frisk says:

The Clip to DEVONthink bookmarklet that I had installed in Chrome has stopped working. I deleted it and attempts to drag a new version to the bookmarks bar aren’t working.

The bookmarklet w/o user interface (bookmark version) works fine when I drag it to the Chrome bookmarks bar. But I would prefer the interface version.

Any idea what could be happening? I’m running OSX 10.6.2 and the latest version of Chrome. I’ve quit and restarted Chrome, to no avail.

5. Ryan says:

the bookmarklet is failing in chrome. It started today. The background is totally transparent.

@Ryan: Oh well, as soon as it works in all other browsers it fails in the next one 😉 We will have a look!

I had forgot to upload a changed file to the web server. Fixed, the bookmarklet should work again in all browsers … 🙂

8. Mark says:

When I use the extension to clip an article from the New York Times website (in any format), the clip that arrives in my Devonthink inbox is not of the article I was seeking but rather of the login page for the New York Times website. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

For this to work, DEVONthink itself must be “logged in” to the New York Times website. You can e.g. try to make a bookmark for the NYT in DEVONthink, log in, and then use the bookmarklet or extension. The reason for this is that the extension cannot create PDFs itself but needs to ask DEVONthink to do it.

10. Rick says:

I’ve downloaded the Firefox extension. But how do I install it?

@Rick: What about using Firefox’ extension and plugin manager? Double-clicking should also work. And if you download it through Firefox it should install it even automatically.