Clip to DEVONthink add-on updated for Firefox 4.0

Firefox 4.0 does not really like our Clip to DEVONthink 1.0 add-on. We have just posted an updated version to our web site. If you are using Firefox 4.0 please simply click here to download the updated add-on or visit our Download : Extras page and re-install the Clip to DEVONthink add-on from there.

16 Responses to “Clip to DEVONthink add-on updated for Firefox 4.0”

1. Z. says:

I’ve got it installed but cannot seem to be able to invoke it with a right-click. Any suggestions?

@Z: What about clicking the Clip to DEVONthink icon in the toolbar?

3. Z. says:

I don’t see one, and I did successfully install the xpi.

4. someone else says:

Z., do you have the NoScript add-on or something similar installed?

I have it too and not only did I have to add the Clip to DEVONthink icon manually to the toolbar but to deactivate NoScript when I wanted to use the Clip to DEVONthink add-on.

5. z says:

I have adblock-plus and a lot of other addons but not noscript. Hmm.

6. Brian White says:

I have it installed (successfully according to Firefox 4), but it’s not showing up and/or working for me.

Control-click the toolbar, choose “Customize”. Add the Clip to DEVONthink icon to your toolbar. Does that do the trick?

8. z. says:

Yes! Customizing the toolbar worked perfectly! Thanks very much.

9. JP Lew says:

are you working on a Chrome extension too? Thanks.

10. j schmidt says:

Please, can someone tell me how to install clip-to-Devonthink? I downloaded it. What next?

tks

Use your web browser’s extension manager to install it, or simple double-click it.

12. j schmidt says:

tks, but I’m lost. What’s to double-click?

Double-clicking the .xpi download unstuffs it. There’s a file called install.rdf in the unstuffed folder. If I double-click that, I get a browser window with some code and a msg: “This XML file does not appear to have any style information…” Nothing to click there.

If I use the add-ons manager in Firefox 4.0, and take the option “install Add-on from file”, and navigate to the unstuffed folder, and choose “install.rdf” then Firefox gives me a msg saying it can’t install because it appears to be corrupt. I downloaded twice from the DT website, so I think I’ve got the right thing.

I also tried the “Install Add-ons” function in DT. It opens a new window in Firefox, refers to the .xpi file in the library cache (how’d it get there?) and then tells me that it’s not compatible with Firefox 4.0.

Sorry to be a weenie. I used “clip” all the time with Firefox 3.x and came to rely on it.

What happens when you use the extensions manager to install the xpi?

14. j schmidt says:

First time I tried, it failed. But then I trashed all the clip stuff I could find, restarted the computer, got a fresh version of the xpi, and yes! it installed.

I’m happy. Thanks.

15. Chip says:

I downloaded the xpi file and then dragged it to an open Firefox window. FF asked me if I wanted to install the add-on. I clicked “install.”

Then I ctrl-clicked the toolbar and selected “customize…”, found the icon, and dragged it to the space just to the left of the URL field.

HTH-