3rd and last public beta of new scanner and camera plugin

We have fixed another couple of bugs in our new scanner and camera support plugin (see the last posting here), e.g. with recognizing iPhones, multi-page scans on certain devices, and putting the computer to sleep with the scanner interface open.

So if you are a DEVONthink Pro Office user and own a scanner other than a Fujitsu ScanSnap (we support this using a different technique), a digital camera, iPhone, iPod, or iPad with a camera please download the 3rd public beta of the DEVONthink Scanner Plugin here and give it a test drive. The accompanying Readme file explains how to install it, use it, and how to report issues and send feedback.

Note: Updated archive now including the Read Me file.

17 Responses to “3rd and last public beta of new scanner and camera plugin”

1. T Stein says:

No Readme in this download. Just a .bundle file.

2. Oops. I’ll correct this as soon as I am back in the office (after Easter Monday, I am on vacation and no Mac with me).

3. Moby R says:

Used the readme from the second beta.
    Tested this out with iphone 4s. Working great with the iphone’s camera roll

4. Jonathan says:

Whenever I plug in my iPhone now, my scanner runs a scan cycle. It didn’t do that with the first 2 betas. The scan interface window isn’t open.

5. Jonathan says:

I should add that it also scans when I remove my iPhone too!

6. Arno Wouters says:

For those who can’t wait: quit DevonThink if it is open and move (or copy) the plugin to ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/ Plugins/ (~ refers to your home folder).
    After installation the plugin can be found in DevonThink’s file menu under Import as ‘From Scanner or Camera’.

7. [...] ein paar Tagen gibt es die dritte und wohl letzte öffentliche Beta für DEVONthinks neuen Scanner-Support. Es ist also bald mit einem Update zu [...]

8. A. Wolff says:

Using DTO 2.3.3 on Lion 10.7.3
    Scanner: Canon Lide 35

As far as i see there are no glitches anymore, everything works well and as expected. Even the preview like in “Digital images” works again.
    One thing i like to mention is that there should be an option to scan directly to an inbox without working in the “scans and images”-area.
    Oh – and of course some manual for i don´t get the idea of the que.

Regards,

A. Wolff

9. Xave says:

For Canon Lide 210 – this plugin doesn´t work at all.

@Xave: In how far doesn’t it work at all? It definitely works with the LIDE 60. What happens when you try it?

11. Xave says:

The image capture window comes up after going to file and then import and I can do all the configuration stuff like setting the dpi value, adjusting brightness etc etc. But when I hit scan, an error message pops up saying that the document can not be scanned.

12. Arno Wouters says:

@Administrator: there is still no read me in the download. When will it be added?

@Arno: Oops, sorry, this slipped me as was on vacation last week. I have updated the archive.

14. John says:

DTPro Office 2 crashed twice just after opening the scanner plugin. Not seeing iPhone 4 in list of devices. Not ready from prime time surely.

15. Have you sent us the crash logs and step-by-step procedure in how to reproduce the problem?

16. autoxave says:

Yes, I have sent a step-by-step procedure, but how do I send the crash logs?

17. Please send them by email (see below our contact form (http://www.devontechnologies.com/redirect.php?id=contact)).