Ready for Yosemite: DEVONthink & DEVONnote 2.8

OS X Yosemite Sharing ExtensionOS X Yosemite, the newest incarnation of your Mac’s operating system, is about to be released. Version 2.8 prepares all editions of DEVONthink as well as DEVONnote for it with user interface adjustments and compatibility fixes. DEVONthink 2.8 also comes with a brand new sharing extension. It allows you to clip text and web addresses from other Mac apps with a single click in case you like this better than using drag-and-drop.

Of course we’ve added some more features, starting with a script for Safari that adds the web addresses of all open tabs as bookmarks to DEVONthink. The Clip to DEVONthink web browser extension now also works from Safari’s reading list and DEVONthink Pro Office 2.8 now supports the ScanSnap Manager 6.x releases too. All updates come also with further improvements, are more reliable, and fix some bugs.

We recommend these free updates for all editions of DEVONthink as well as for DEVONnote to all users. Get the new versions directly by using the apps’ update function (if available) or visit our Download page.

12 Responses to “Ready for Yosemite: DEVONthink & DEVONnote 2.8”

1. Pupinko says:

Nice to have this update. Works fine so far. Still my hero, after switching from Evernote with all my stuff to you this Devonthink Pro Office this year. They don’t have an idea, whats necessary for professional document management. It’s a pity that you’re not in this cloud business, too. The really would need a competitor for document management in the cloud.

Just would like to know, if there will also be an interface refresh for Devonthink someday?

@ Pupinko. Thank you! And yes, of course.

3. M says:

Oh yes, waiting for an interface makeup since so long. I’ve like 300k documents in DT and would really like some better ways of looking @ that data.

4. Kenneth James says:

I have just upgraded to Yosemite, re-installed the DevonTHINK browser captures into Safari, Chrome, and FireFox, but alas, the capture seems to be broken. Cannot select a target DT database from the drop down list. It only points to the basic Inbox. This will work, but not the way it should be. Have I done something wrong?

5. Kenneth James says:

Reference to my previous post. I stand corrected. I had not noticed that all my databases were closed and not automatically reopened after all of the updating. Now that I have the databases open, the drop down list works just fine. My apology for the false alarm.

KDJ

6. Erwin Panen says:

Where can I find detailed information regarding compatibility or incompatibility with OS X 10.6.8 pleqse?

All product pages list the system requirements for each product. For legacy versions for older system please see our Legacy Downloads page. Here you will find versions of our applications compatible to OS X 10.6.8.

8. M says:

Why 10.6.8? Yosemite is 10.10 (actually, since yesterday, 10.10.1 is out). Now, I have had no issues with DT Pro on that system – other than perhaps that I ended up reverting to normal file storage, since the container-focusedness of DT does not really play with something like own cloud – but that’s a different story.

@ M: Quite a few people still user older Macs as they’re still fine for many tasks.

10. M says:

True. Somehow I attributed the question to being in the context of a later release of OS X

11. Rolf Stegmann says:

Hallo und guten Tag!
    Kann man problemlos auf OS 10.10.1 updaten, oder sind Probleme mit DEVONthink Pro Office zu erwarten?
    Gruß, R. Stegmann

@ Rolf Stegmann: Ja, das ist problemlos möglich.