DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.8.3

Classify & See AlsoToday we have posted DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.8.3 to our website and to the App Store. The improved classification algorithm in version 2.8.3 improves the accuracy of all AI-based functionality: See also, classify, concordance, automatic grouping, and summarizing. Working with documents can hardly be easier.

DEVONthink 2.8.3 now allows you to select and copy text from Quick-Look-based views. This includes e.g. Microsoft Office or OpenOffice documents. OpenOffice documents also open no longer internally but in their default application when you’re double-clicking them. The update adds support for images when converting Markdown to RTF, and improves Wiki-linking, e.g. for Japanese Katakana.

Finally, version 2.8.3 fixes synchronization bugs and other more minor issues. The updates bring more optimizations for OS X Yosemite and improve the performance and the reliability of the application, too.

We recommend these free updates to all users. Get the new versions directly by using the apps’ update function (if available) or visit our Download page.

12 Responses to “DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.8.3”

1. Jason says:

What’s the status of DevonThink To Go 2? Is it ever going to happen?

@ Jason: It is still in development, together with the better sync technology. It will happen.

3. Peter says:

What happened to the default database option ? When I launch DTP my favorite databases don’t open automatically anymore.

@ Peter: All databases that were open on quit are re-opened. If you want more control you could create a workspace (via the Go menu) that lets you save a current set of database and windows and recall them whenever you need them.

5. Rick says:

@Jason, I’m as anxious as you are to see DTG2, if just to be done with Evernote forever.

6. CD says:

I’ve almost abandoned hope to see DTG2.

And as for DTP 2.8.3 it no longer recognizes my scanners (Brother MFC-8370DN and Brother MFC-9142CDN). All other applications do so.

Hopefully, you are not infected by the Apple disease (to throw out disfunctional software updates).

@ CD: Could you please open a support ticket regarding your scanner problems so that our responsible engineer can directly deal with it and get it fixed for you?

8. CD says:

Eric, reinstalling DTP solved my problem.

But something must have been wrong with DTP already before, since I had to enter my serial several times after updating my OS to Yosemite. I don’t know who’s to blame here.

I had DTP running for about 18 months, but since Yosemite my DTP was considered a demo version.

@ CD: Do you use a preference cleaner app? These apps accidentally delete our license code filed regularly. And so does a clean install.

10. Oliver says:

@Peter: I´ve almost the same issue in DT 2.8.3. All databases that were open on quit are not re-opened on startup!

@ Oliver: Please contact our customer support as this is, naturally, not what should happen.

12. […] DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.8.3, which we’re released last week, also fix an issue with synchronizing items moved into the trash on the Mac. We recommend updating your copy of DEVONthink or DEVONnote to 2.8.3. […]