DEVONthink To Go 1.5.5 with bug fixes

DEVONthink To Go on iPadToday our update to DEVONthink To Go 1.5.5 became available in the App Store. The new version fixes e.g. crashes connected to broken databases on the Mac or to exporting data to the iTunes document folders (emergency export). For example databases without a valid UUID (universally unique identifier) could crash DEVONthink To Go. Update your copy from within the App Store app on your device or through iTunes.

DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.8.3, which we’re released last week, also fix an issue with synchronizing items moved into the trash on the Mac. We recommend updating your copy of DEVONthink or DEVONnote to 2.8.3.

13 Responses to “DEVONthink To Go 1.5.5 with bug fixes”

1. Borgognon says:

Version 1.5.5 crash on start up. Canot opening.
    iPad Air 1 and iPhone 4S IOS 8.1.3, Mac Devothing 2.8.3
    Remove, reinstall app and re-sync but crash.

Please fix bug quickly.

@ Borgognon: Did you get the chance to send a crash report?

3. Lorenzo says:

Hi,

I have the same problem the app crash I can’t acess to my file stored on my phone and I need it how can I do ?

Lorenzo

@ Lorenzo: An update is already waiting at Apple for review since Saturday. We hope they’ll release it soon.

5. Jere says:

Hi,
    Mine don’t crash but iPad Air 1 (iOS8.1.3) and iPhone 5 (iOS8.1.3) cannot sync with mac (Yosemite) DEVONthink Office Pro.
    Previously version was sync-ing alright till this update.

Thanks,
    Jere

@ Jere: Have you tried to restart all devices: iPad/iPhone, router, and Mac? If this doesn’t help please contact our customer support.

7. Howard says:

I’m also having problems with the latest DEVONthink To Go release crashing. If I delete it off my by iPhone (iOS 8.1.3) and reinstall I can sync once. Then it starts crashing. Same is true on my iPad (also iOS 8.1.3). I’m syncing from DEVONnote 2.8.3 running on OS X 10.10.2

@ Howard: We were able to reproduce the problem here but we have already sent an update to Apple a week ago. Still waiting for their approval. The update revises one change in 1.5.5 that is likely causing the crash.

9. Jere says:

@eboehnisch: thanks, it works now after restarting router, and mac. and devices.

10. Dan says:

Since the last update (1.5.5) syncing is broken completely (worked perfectly for me before this update).
    On the iPad the Mac is recognized, but it never starts syncing…
    After tapping on the Mac entry nothing happens, and after waiting a few minutes the app just crashes.

The previous version, still installed on my iPhone, works without problems.

DevonThink 2.8.3 / OS X 10.10.2 / iOS 8.1.3

@ Dan: Have you updated to version 1.5.6 which is out for a few day now? It should fix the issue.

12. Dan says:

@eboehnisch: Thanks. I did update today. But unfortunately no success. Same problem with the sync.
    Interesting is the fact, that I do not have any problems with the app on my iPhone…
    Trying tonight to uninstall and install the app again… keeping my fingers crossed 🙂

@ Dan: Still crashing? If not, please try to restart all your devices (Mac, iOS devices, router). Does this fix the problem? Usually it’s some security issue on the local network.