Mac Power Users episode 251

Mac Power Users PodcastIn their excellent podcast Mac Power Users, Katie Floyd and David Sparks talk about everything that helps you to become a true Mac power user. In episode 251 they are joined by Gabe Weatherhead to spend an information-packed hour purely on DEVONthink. Gabe is a long-time DEVONthink user and has also done a great a series of blog posts on our software. Thank you all three for this great show!

If you’re not yet a Mac Power Users subscriber it’s definitely time to become one. Click here to visit their website where you’ll also find links to subscribe to the podcast via RSS or iTunes.

6 Responses to “Mac Power Users episode 251”

1. BasilFawlty says:

Great podcast, one important reminder:

It works great to use .Pages documents in DevonThink.

Think that question remained unanswered. I have all my .Pages, .Numbers documents in my DTPO.

2. J Patterson says:

Regular MPU listener, now DEVONthink Pro & DEVONagent Pro user. That was a great MPU episode that led me to some powerful research software. I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Love it – I’m so excited I’m still playing with the bubble wrap.

Thanks DEVONthink & MPU.

J Patterson
    Late Night Press

@ J. Patterson: You’re most welcome. We’re glad that you like what we do.

4. Nick Jones says:

In the podcast, Gabe says multiple times that it’s possible to automatically create tags based on the groups (folders) that the items are in. How to do this?

(Or did I misunderstood?)

5. jneumann says:

@Nick Jones: No, you didn’t misunderstand. If you select File > Database Properties > and the desired database, you’ll see a checkbox in the upper left corner of the Properties that reads “Exclude Groups from Tagging” (they are excluded by default). Uncheck this, your Group icons will turn yellow, and Group Tags will now be applied.
    Note that you can selectively exclude Groups from applying Tags by right-clicking (Control-clicking) on a Group and choosing “Exclude from Tagging”.

6. Nick Jones says: