DEVONthink 2.9.1 speeds up sync, fixes bugs

DEVONthink 2.9 next-generation syncTwo weeks ago we released DEVONthink 2.9 with our next-generation sync. Today there’s the first maintenance release for it with many improvements and bug fixes related to the synchronization. For example, downloading from sync stores is now up to 2.5 times faster than with the previous version.

In addition DEVONthink Pro Office 2.9.1 allows you to select and delete ink annotations in PDF documents. We also taught all editions of DEVONthink a number of new new XML file name extensions and enhanced its drag-and-drop support for formatted notes.

We recommend these free updates to all users. Get the new versions directly by using the apps’ update function or our Download page.

13 Responses to “DEVONthink 2.9.1 speeds up sync, fixes bugs”

1. Darwin says:

Also, DTTG 2.0 is in the App-Store, finally.

2. Chad says:

Love everything. I immediately bought DTTG 2.0 and bought the premium upgrade. I would love a blog post detailing all the changes and the premium features of 2.0.

Also, is there any chance of syncing smart groups to iOS? It would help my workflow greatly.

Sincerely,
    Very Happy New User,
    Chad

@ Chad: Thank you! At the moment smart groups rely on the search engine of DEVONthink for Mac. We might support at least some predicates in future updates though.

4. A reliable sync with DTTG 2.0 has finally allowed me to use DevonThink again – the old system wep in menus when I as hopeless. Now you need to rescue the sync control from the Preferences and put it on the main menu – I don’t want to have to fiddle around deep in menus when I leave on a business trip and need my iPad up to date.

@ David McNaughtan: Which sync control? You can but the Sync button into the main toolbar on the Mac.

6. ah! Very nice – didn’t see that, presumably because it is a different icon from the Preferences combined with my poor pattern recognitioon. Thank you!

7. Chad says:

In reply to the above sync-button conversation.

I have Pro Office. Maybe I’m missing something but it seems like the Sync button in the main toolbar only triggers a sync for the database currently in focus. I have 4 databases; it would be great to have a “Sync All” button and some kind of progress indicator.

Currently, I just press ⇧⌃⌥S, and wait for about ten seconds before closing my laptop, hoping all the syncs completed. I know I can see the progress in preferences, but I don’t want to open up preferences every time. I know that activity shows progress, but only when actual changes are taking place, it could be several seconds before the sync makes it to a database that needs synchronization, leaving the activity window either absent or empty in the meantime.

8. Den says:

Hi, in the version 1 of the app, it was very easy to sync with my mobile sync folder. This is not possible anymore with version 2. I bought the in app Premium feature, what am I doing wrong. I can also not make a direct connection from my Mac, I blanked and also filled in the “port number” in the allow other computers screen, but I don’t get or see authorized clients. I am with my iPad and Mac on the same wifi?
    I managed to back-up the whole DB on dropbox, but how to sync that wit my iPad (only the “mobile sync” items?
    Thanks,

@ Den: Please send email to support(at)devontechnologies.com. Blog comments are less suited for customer support.

10. Tony says:

How can i solve this issue? -” Databases located in cloud folders can’t be synchronized”. I tested it BOX,Dropbox,Webdav.. but it is same. I don’t know how can i sync. please help me.

@ Tony: Blog comments are a bad place for support. We’ll reply by email.

12. Alex says:

Hello,

I used Devonthink with 3 computers to sync a database on a Synology through Webdev . But with the new update 2.9 the sync doesn’t work and I can settle back the sync with the actual database. How can I do. Can someone tell me the procedure to fix it back. I need to sync the 3 computers on the database that is on the synology. Thank you

@ Alex: Issue with self-signed certificate? Version 2.9.2 is just out fixing this problem.