DEVONthink To Go 2.0.3 fixes ‘pending files’ issue

Pending FilesVersion 2.0.2 of DEVONthink To Go which became available yesterday unveiled an issue that unfortunately didn’t surface even in our beta tests. In some situations it’s currently not possible to synchronize due to ‘pending files’. We have immediately sent a bug-fix release to Apple which is now waiting for Apple’s App Store review.

If you experience this problem also on the Mac you can create a custom smart group searching for Instance is Pending and Instance is not Indexed and remove or update the pending items manually.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

11 Responses to “DEVONthink To Go 2.0.3 fixes ‘pending files’ issue”

1. Peter Norman says:

DevonThink To Go 2.0.3 is now available via the Canadian app store! That was a quick turn-around for Apple.

Items pending sync under version 2.0.2 have now completed sync properly under 2.0.3. Thank-you for the quick release of 2.0.3.

The new Dropbox sync engine is working VERY well for me; I’ve happily stopped using OneNote, Evernote and Apple Notes.

Well done. You guys rock the most!

2. Dan Berlyoung says:

Be sure to empty the trash for the database after deleting the offending item.

3. Andrew says:

I get the pending file issue when uploading to Dropbox from DTPO v2.9.4, which is current as of 17.9.16. I’ve run the smart group search and find I have over 100 problem files. How do I “update the pending files manually” so they will upload to Dropbox? (I don’t want to delete them)>
    Thanks

4. jneumann says:

Hey, Andrew: Could you please start a Support Ticket at http://helpdesk.devontechnologies.com so we can get more information about the issue? Thanks.

5. John says:

Devonthink to go 2 is shaping up beautifully.

Will it ever get PDF file merge/split, page reordering, and page deletion? I need to do a lot of merging of related bundles of information, like emails saved as PDF, scanned paper invoices for the same order, etc. If devonthink to go can handle the PDF organization tasks I mentioned above, then I would finally be comfortable with just my iPhone for all filing work. 😉

6. jneumann says:

We can’t give up too much of our internal plans but we have a list of enhancements we’re considering. Who knows what the future will bring!

7. John says:

Exciting. Then I hope you’re considering PDF page reorder/deletion and file merge/split management. 😉 😉 Haha.

This product is so good. So good. So goood. You have outdone yourselves!

8. Kim says:

Can you add palm rejection support when one uses an apple pencil?

@ Kim: On our to-do list after fixing the most urgent bugs.

10. Kim says:

Sorry, I have another question. It seems some Devonthink entries have geolocation data. Can I see them also in macOS?

@ Kim: Unfortunately not yet.