We celebrate 15 years — 30 percent on all apps

15th birthday cake

Fifteen years ago, in spring 2002, we opened our website and sold the first licenses of DEVONthink 1.0. Today we’re still here with a solid product line-up for the customers we love the most: passionate, demanding, professional, and always ready to help fellow users to squeeze the most out of our software. In short: YOU.

We want to celebrate this anniversary not only for ourselves but with all of you. And because we can’t visit each one of you with a bottle of champagne, we’ll at least give you and all your friends the opportunity to complete your DEVONtechnologies app collection for a great price: double discounts (2×15 percent) for everyone!

Shop icon

Click here to visit our online shop

This offer starts in our shop Monday, May 1st, 2017, 9 a.m. CET (Central European Time) and ends Friday, May 5th, 2017, at 6 p.m. CET. On the App Store the offer runs from May 1st through May 5th. The discount cannot be combined with other offers such as the students & educators discount. Visit our Business Principles page to learn more about how we do promotions.

22 Responses to “We celebrate 15 years — 30 percent on all apps”

1. Rupert says:

Also for the In-App purchase?

2. John Maassen says:

Congratulations- yes a very solid product line up. Thanks for your work,

3. @ Rupert: Yes, also for the DEVONthink To Go Pro Package.

4. Well, congratulations!
    The anniversary would have been a wonderful time to announce a revamp of the Devonthink Office interface; what about it?

5. @ David McNaughtan: Agreed. Feel free to email me.

6. Niels says:

Congratulations!!!
    Sorry if I’m being dense here, but does it apply to upgrades as well? (not just new purchases)
    Thanks in advance,
    Niels

7. Sascha says:

And i just bought Devon Think to go with in App about one or two weeks ago… well: Its worth the Money.

But I did not bought the mac version now, so I am glad to get this discount :). Will this discount will also be available for education licenses (means on top to the already cheaper price)? That would be great, so I could really think about buying the pro office version instead of the pro version only 😀

Thank you!
    Sascha

8. @ Sascha: Welcome to our community. The discount can’t be combined with the student discount (see the last few lines of the blog post 😊).

9. Sascha says:

Ah, sorry. Didn’t see that. But however, 30% discount will be a good deal 🙂

10. Niels says:

Thanks, that is very generous 🙂
    What a nice thing to do for your users.
    Niels

11. P Roy says:

Congratulations, and thank you for your amazing line of products and the continued effort you have put into them. Nothing else really comes close.

12. devtom says:

“@ Rupert: Yes, also for the DEVONthink To Go Pro Package.”

Well, I bought the Pro Package today, the discount didn´t apply or did it? (it´s now 5,49 € in Germany).

13. @ devtom: Yes, it did. The regular price is US $7.99 (plus VAT in the EU and some other countries).

14. devtom says:

“@ devtom: Yes, it did. The regular price is US $7.99 (plus VAT in the EU and some other countries).”

Ah! So, then: Thank you and Happy Anniversary from me, too!

15. Greg says:

What is the normal Ios App price – currently showing as $14.99 on the 4th May in US – is that discounted?

16. @ Greg: Apple has, one day too early, switched back to the regular price. We’ve just re-enabled the discounted price of $9.99 until tomorrow.

17. Göran Sonesson says:

Of course I join in the congratulations.

Just one thought: each time you (and other software companies) are celebrating your long survival, measured in Internet time, you offer reductions for those who want to buy your software. There is something of a paradox in that.

For, after all, you are still around because of those of us who already possess all your software and who upgrade it as soon as possible – not waiting for reduced prices. Of course, we do that because we appreciate your software, but still, you could think about us some time, too.

18. @ Göran: That is undoubtedly true. We have just introduced better syncing and DEVONthink To Go. As a small company we have to do things one after the other. And when you look at the version numbers on the Mac you’ll notice than larger version jumps (a.k.a. upgrades) are inevitable.

19. Göran Sonesson says:

As I said, I am not complaining: I have owned your software for a long time, because I appreciate it, and when you make it even better, I profit from that, as do everybody, both old customers as me and new customers.

And I do understand that anniversaries or excellent occasions to tell people: we have been around for a long time, which shows that we are serious people, so take this opportunity to be part of the crowd.

Still, I think there is a paradox, because those of us who already possess all your software do not get to participate in the celebration. That said, I do not really know what you could offer us, since we are already in Devonian heaven

20. Bernd says:

Ups, just read about the celebration discount by accident today during my testing period, missed it, sigh, that’s life…

Anyway: Congrats to the team for this really solid product! Some weeks ago when I waded through all kinds of reviews for DMS I read of DEVONthink Pro Office and gave it a try after reading some more and some YT videos. So far I’m really excited. And I don’t have any problems with the current UI. Stability, reliability and a supporting company is way more important in my view.

21. Greg says:

Thanks. I bought at the reinstated discounted price – looking forward to using DEVONthink!