I have just added a new tutorial for DEVONthink Pro Office to the DEVONacademy: How to access your database from an Apple iPhone. It explains how to call the iPhone applet from the iPhone in your local network ad how to set up your router so that you can get access to your Mac and the DEVONthink Pro Office database running on it from the outside. It’s not a complete hands-on set-up guide, but it gets you an idea, at least. Apart from this, there is a tiny glitch in the Web server plugin for DEVONthink Pro Office that lets the iPhone flavor of Safari display the applet way smaller than intended. Here’s an updated version of the plugin: Webserver.bundle.zip. To update your copy of DEVONthink Pro Office, do the following:
- Download and unzip the new version of the plugin.
- Quit DEVONthink Pro Office if necessary.
- Select the DEVONthink Pro Office application in the Finder and show the Info panel (File > Get Info.)
- In the panel, show the Plug-Ins area.
- Look for the WebServer.bundle, select it, and click ‘Remove.’
- Click ‘Add…’ and choose the updated version of the plugin that you have just downloaded.
- Check if the new WebServer.bundle appears correctly in the list of installed plugins.
Of course, this updated plugin will be part of the next regular and, of course, free update of DEVONthink Pro Office that will bring compatibility to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.